Baby-Led Weaning Part II

An Update On Our Solid Foods Adventure 

A few days into our adventures with solid foods, Jellybean has been doing great! We first started with avocado and I learned that this would definitely not be an easy process. I decided to make some small changes to our baby feeding process, and instead of feeding Jellybean in his high chair, I started feeding him in his easier to clean bumbo. I also got rid of the bib. It didn't really do much good because he'd make a mess regardless of the bib, and that just ended up being something else I had to clean. I also learned that I shouldn't wear anything I wanted to stay clean either, that Abby is a very willing helper with any food items dropped on the floor, and that broccoli is just as messy as avocado! Sweet potatoes happen to be the cleanest food item we've tried. Sweet potatoes are also the easiest for him to manage to get into his mouth. 

I also started giving Jellybean sips of water. We haven't introduced the sippy cup just yet, I actually just let him drink from an actual cup. I wonder if we can skip the sippy cup all together since keeping babies on it for too long is bad for their teeth...? Definitely something I'll have to look into down the road. 

In any case, we've learned quite a bit in these last few days of baby led weaning! I'm still terrified of him choking, even though he hasn't. Broccoli seems to be the most risky food as far as chocking hazards go. I watch him super closely and still snap about 400 pictures every time. I can't help it, I'm *that* mom. 

Jellybean has started to get more food into his mouth with every day of BLW, and we're well on our way to showing this kiddo all the exciting tastes out there. 















Comments

  1. Love the pictures and being able to see Charles enjoy life. The last one is my favorite Amor. Thanks so much for posting the pics and story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem