Fall Family Tree

Homework 

Jellybean isn't even one year old yet and he's already getting homework assigned to him….from daycare! Well, mom is getting homework from daycare. Last month it was a collage of family photos, this month, it's family hand prints on a tree. They display the arts work in the hallways for everyone to see, so the Moran family definitely has to step its game up. What can I say? We're a bunch of show offs with a pretty ferocious competitive streak. 

I love when I look in Jellybean's cubby and there's artwork (finger paint on construction paper) for me to talk home and display proudly on the fridge or at my desk. So when the daycare asks for me to help out with arts and crafts time, I'm more than willing to help out! Besides, I saw the idea on Pinterest and wanted to do it anyway. 

Like most things on Pinterest, that website makes things look so much easier than it really is! For example, baby handprints are next to impossible to capture perfectly. He tends to ball them up into fists right before I get his hand close enough to the paper. And holding onto a squirmy baby with one hand while trying to perfectly place his hand with my one free hand…well, it's really really hard to do! 

But in the long run, our not so perfect hand print tree actually ended up capturing Fall 2014 perfectly. I mean…..I have a six month old for goodness sakes! A perfect handprint wouldn't have been an accurate representation of our household. Our home is chaotic, far from perfect, colorful, and most importantly- exactly the way it's meant to be. Just like Jellybean's family tree for daycare. 

By no means am I an artist, but drawing a tree isn't too hard. 



My handprints are in red, Matt's in orange, and Jellybean is the yellow goop
that doesn't look quite like a handprint but is perfect anyway! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem