Baby In A Pumpkin

Fall, Arts and Crafts, Pinterest, and Jellybean

Sometimes I think Jellybean is more like toy or a prop....is that a horrible thing to say? Having this kiddo has opened up a whole new category of arts and crafts, memory making, and picture taking opportunities! And I am going to take advantage of every single moment, this most certainly includes plopping my baby in a pumpkin and styling a fall themed photo shoot. What I'd give for our family Photographer to be in Virginia this time of year! But, I guess I'll have to settle for using my own creativity and my own camera. Maybe it's time I put the effort into learning how to use those crazy expensive photo editing programs I bought for my computer! 

When those pumpkins started overflowing at the local supermarkets, I knew I had to do something with them, like get the biggest one I could find, cut out a hole so I could fit Jellybean inside, and two more holes to fit those chunky legs I love so much. 

Carving a pumpkin on our deck.....can't complain about that view. 

Roasted those pumpkin seeds afterwards for a yummy snack. 
All ready for my Jellybean! 

Picture Time 

Since the sun was setting and I didn't want to deal with too many shadows, I opted for the balcony in the front of the house to set up. A few more pumpkins, some hay, fall leaves, and sign later and my mini photo session was ready to go! Then I realized that I had picked the completely wrong corner of the balcony and had to re-set everything over again. Considering my two degrees.....it's still surprising how my head works sometimes because I chose the corner with the MOST shadows! Anyway, once everything was re-set, Matt brought Jellybean all dressed up in a white long sleeve onsie (since it was kind of chilly out, and I wasn't sure how his skin would react to the pumpkin) and away we went snapping photos with my Nikon D5000 and the 50mm prime lens I use for just about all my pictures.  

I was a little worried Jellybean would try to eat the pumpkin or that he would fuss the whole time we were taking pictures, but fortunately for me, my little man was a great sport! Granted, we didn't get too many smiling or laughing pictures, I'm not going to be picky here. I'm just glad I didn't get crying faced ones. 

I'm sure when he looks back on these pictures later, Jellybean will shake his head at his crazy mom who loved taking pictures with PROPS. I'm a sucker for props, what can I say? I'm all about making the perfect scene and capturing the perfect moment. Having Jellybean has made that a billion times worse (or better depending on who you ask). My friend Christina says at just six months, I already have enough "embarrassing" photos of my son to last him a life time. This may be true, but those photos are also memories that I love having on hand to look back at. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I've oooh'd and aaah'd over  those pumpkin pictures about 8 times already. 




Trial and error....realized this hay was too close to Jellybean
when he tried to put it in his mouth. :/ 

Problem solved! 


My handsome boy cheesin' for the camera. 

I love those chunky legs and tiny toes! 

Such a good sport for his picture crazy mama! 

Love those sweet fingers. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem