Baby Led Weaning- Apple Sauce


Criss Cross Apple Sauce 

Ok, so I know I've harped on how important it is for me to avoid processed baby foods and rice cereals and give Jellybean REAL food. But I really wanted him to try apple and there was no way I was going to give him an uncooked apple because in this early stage, he won't be able to gum something that hard. At the same time, a cooked apple would turn into apple sauce in his hands anyway....and to be honest, I really wanted to spoon feed him SOMETHING just because it's fun. 

So....I asked dad to bring us some organic apples from Whole Foods this weekend. I don't always go organic, but apples are definitely on the list for *must* always buy organic. Matt brought us our favorite honeycrisp apples and away I went to making baby friendly apple sauce. 

I boiled (baking is better because it preserves more nutrients) some peeled apple slices for about 9 minutes, blended the cooked slices with my immersion blender, added some cinnamon for additional flavor, and gave it to Jellybean. The faces he made were HILARIOUS. Honeycrisp apples are most certainly much too tart for his new tastebuds. Next time we'll have to ask dad to bring us a less tart apple, like Red Delicious. Despite the faces, whenever the spoon came near his mouth, he would open wide like he wanted more. Who am I to say no to my hungry baby? 

Start with a peeled apple. 

Sliced apples....several may have ended up in my belly. 


Added just a dash of cinnamon since I'm not sure how his stomach
will react yet.




Not so sure about those tart apples! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem