Baby Led Weaning-Split Pea Soup

Getting Creative 

Today was one of our first real blustery fall days. Where when we went outside and immediately ran back inside because that cold air is just going to take some getting used to and we aren't ready for it yet! Chilly weather always calls for soup, but I wanted to make something Jellybean could eat too. Normally, I would have taken advantage of being able to make my awesome chili, but Jellybean can't have that right now, so I opted to make split pea soup instead. 

At this early stage of baby led weaning, I still want to take it slow until my kiddo gets the hang of chewing and swallowing. And the point of baby led weaning is making foods that we can all share as a family. In a way, it forces Matt and I to eat healthier too. Nothing processed, no added salt, and lots of fruits and veggies! And that's exactly what goes into split pea soup…..minus the ham I added (and later picked out of Jellybean's bowl so he couldn't have any). 

His favorite food is still avocado and least favorite is apple sauce. Split pea soup definitely falls in the middle of his list of food preferences. 

Soaked the peas for a few hours (ideally overnight but I just didn't have the time…. well I didn't want to wait). 

Fresh veggies…and ham. 

Just a small scoop for Jellybean. I picked out all the ham. No salt for him,
Matt and I added salt to ours. 


By the looks of it, he's a fan! 

The soup looks kind of gross on him, but that smile makes up for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem