2014 Photo Book

No time to scrapbook! 

I used to be a scrapbooking junkie. Back in 8th grade, my friends and I went on a school trip to Washington D.C., afterwards, Trudi (who is still my best friend to this very day!) invited us all over to scrapbook our adventures. I was in complete awe of all the fun things you could do with paper crafts after that day and have been hooked ever since. I like to make a calendar every year and scrapbook vacations, our year together etc. Give me a bottle of wine, some decent movies on Netflix, and lock me up in my craft room for a weekend and I'll be happy. 

I've developed quite the supply of scrapbooking materials in my time. Since having a kid though, I find that locking myself in my craft room with a bottle of wine may be a thing of the past. At least until my boys are older. So I decided to document my years through a different method. First, I have this blog, which is great and all but I like having pictures around the house. I've used Shutterfly for a million projects before. Something from their ever growing list of products is usually my go to present for family members. I decided to turn my yearly scrapbooks into a yearly Shutterfly book for the sake of time and money....because I can get pretty carried away at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. 

I still plan to scrapbook the pictures I already have printed pre-2014. But post 2014, I think I'll be laying off the paper crafts and spending more time doing kid's crafts with my boys. Maybe if I'm really feeling the urge to craft something, I'll make a card for friends or family. Who doesn't love getting snail mail anyway?  I think it's a pretty good deal. As much as time alone with paper craft products appeals to me, it won't fill my heart like watching my boys make a big ole mess and having a great time. 



I also made this book for all of JB's monthly photos. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem