Baseball Games With A Baby


America's Past Time 


Growing up right across from Portland, Oregon, I am a Blazer Believer. Basketball is at the top of my list for best sport ever. Matt on the other hand, loves baseball. Since good baseball seats are cheaper than good basketball seats, we go to way more baseball games. Living in Tucson for 3 years spoiled us. To this day, Chase Field is still our favorite stadium and we miss Spring Training so much! Even though I'm a Seattle fan and Dad is a Cleveland fan and we have no idea which side Jellybean will take, one thing is for sure: this kiddo will have sports in his life. 

Baby and Baseball


We're pretty adamant in our belief that having a baby doesn't necessarily mean everything has to  be put on hold. We're all about doing what we used to and making adjustments to accommodate our little man. So at 7 weeks old, Jellybean went to his first baseball game. The Indians were playing the Orioles and we just couldn't say no. 

I can't say I wasn't anxious about bringing such a young baby to a baseball game, but I knew it could be done. And being anxious about something shouldn't stop me from going out and trying  something new. You never know unless you try right? 

I went on Amazon to find Jellybean an Indians jersey, googled tips for babies and baseball games, bought our tickets, and we were ready to go! I didn't want to bring a stroller to the stadium so I carried Jellybean in his Ergo. At that age, he slept in that thing for hours without stirring. Camden Yards is such a great park! We were able to get a "Baby's First Baseball Game" certificate that I am definitely going to frame and put in his room. When Jellybean would wake for a feeding, I'd feed him and then he'd fall asleep again. He did get fussy once, so I walked around the park with him in the Ergo until he calmed down. Overall, our first baseball outing was a success. Best part, Matt's Indians won. 

Jellybean attended his 2nd baseball game at 5 months old. This time, we went to watch the Nationals play the Giants. I really liked Nationals Stadium because after the first pitch, they open up one of the entertaining rooms for breastfeeding moms. I was able to sit comfortably and feed my little man in a dedicated nursing room! I love that breastfeeding is gaining such positive traction. 

Since Jellybean sleeps less during the day, I didn't keep him in the Ergo during the entire game this time. He sat comfortably in my lap and only fussed when he was hungry. 
My Indians Fans 

He's so excited...

Even though it says Orioles Fan....I love this certificate. 

Family Pic at Camden Yards in Baltimore

2nd baseball game! Nationals vs. Giants 

Knocked out.....he's such a big baseball fan. 


Tips and Tricks 


1. Do your homework! Find out where the shaded areas are and make sure your seats are in the shade. I bought the Orioles tickets so we were fine, but Dad bought the Nationals tickets and Jellybean got sunburned. :( 

2. Baby wear over bringing a stroller. You can get better seats and don't have to worry about carrying extra baggage. 

3. Don't be shy about breastfeeding in public! Keeping him full will keep him and those around you happy. 

4. Pack light! I hate lugging around tons of stuff when I go to baseball games. I don't usually take an entire diaper bag with me when we're only going out for a few hours. Baseball stadium seats leave little room for extra junk, so only bring what you need. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem