Santa Baby


First Time With Santa


For Jellybean's first Santa picture, I just knew it had to be something special. None of this fake beard the Santa is really only 35 years old business. I want real beard, twinkle in his eye, old man is dressing up because he loves kids and looks forward to doing this every year kind of Santa. So I spent a morning Googling best Santas in the area and everyone pointed to Bass Pro Shop of all places. Who am I to disagree or question more experienced moms? 

The day I chose to take Jellybean to Santa, I put him in a "Santa's Little Helper" shirt and red and white striped pants. It would be the perfect outfit for his first trip to see the old man he wouldn't even remember or know the significance of. My little man had other plans though. That day they painted at daycare and while he normally wears a smock and is very good with paint...this time around he got it EVERYWHERE. It was in his hair, ears, and all over his themed outfit. I neglected to tell the daycare we were getting pictures taken that night. Fortunately, since it's currently FREEZING in Virginia, I took him to daycare in his polar bear outfit. That would serve as a good substitute to the red and white outfit I had picked out that morning. 

Bass Pro Shops goes ALL OUT for Christmas. At least my local one did. They had an entire Christmas village set up. Complete with mini carousel, toy monster tucks in a dirt pit, a huge race car track, ducks you could shoot with toy guns, bow and rubber arrow stand, a talking reindeer....it was AWESOME. And the best part? At 1800 on a Monday night, it wasn't crowded and there wasn't a long line of screaming impatient children to sit through. When I got there, Jellybean was knocked out in his car seat. I wasn't about to wake a sleeping baby and risk a screaming baby Santa picture. I'm sure I'll have one later down the road but for his first picture ever....I was determined to make sure it was perfect! We walked around the store, played some games (even though they were for the kiddos) and waited patiently for my little man to wake up from his nap. 

When it came time for the pic, I worried a little that a stranger in a red suit and white fluffy beard might scare the guy. But he's never had stranger anxiety and is a pretty chill little dude. A few silly faces from dad instigated a little smirk out of my man and with the click of the camera, we got our perfect first Santa picture! I seriously couldn't be any happier. 


He's smirking for the camera. This Santa was pretty legit. 

Waiting in a line of 3 people. Kind of awesome. 

Watching the kids play with the remote control cars. 

Obligatory family photo! 

I love that he's smiling. He fills out that polar bear suit really well too! My chunky baby :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem