Christmas Care Packages

It's That Time Again


Last time I sent care packages to the sand box it was Halloween and I used Jellybean's feet to make cute little Halloween characters. This time, it's Christmas, and those little feet are at it again making cute little festive characters. This time, in the form of mistleTOES. Chalk it up to another Pinterest inspired kid craft! 

My girls are still deployed and I know there's nothing better than getting a thoughtful care package this time of year. Cookies, decorations, and a little something from Jellybean is sure to put a smile on their faces! And since I talk to them everyday, I know they're working hard over there and definitely need those cookies and smiles! 

I spent an entire Sunday whipping up about 8 different types of cookies and putting together random Christmas themed items. I also made cakes in a jar. It's the most genius idea for a care package that I've seen yet. When Matt deployed, a bunch of us girls with deployed spouses got together to make cakes in a jar to mail to our husbands. You basically just take cake batter, put it in a mason jar, and bake away! It normally takes longer than what the box says to bake a cake for but the toothpick trick is all that's needed to make sure the cake cooks thoroughly. And definitely fill the jar half way if that even. For some reason, batter rises significantly more than normal when baked in a mason jar. I made that mistake the first time and got cake batter EVERYWHERE. All together, I mailed over 4 boxes! It was definitely a lot of work but totally worth it. I've blogged before on how awesome my friends are and how supportive they've been. They adore my kiddo and humor my crazy desire to send them pictures of him every day. 

It's still hard to get Jellybean to cooperate for footprints. It's definitely a two person effort and I'm glad Matt's wiling to indulge me in my craziness regarding the kids crafts I put him through. I love Crayola washable paint though! It's so easy to wash off-hence the name I guess ;). 

My friend Ingrid is obsessed with red velvet. So am I! It's probably why we're such good friends. 

Mistletoes! So freaking adorable. 

1/4 packages mailed over. I love decorating the inside with scrapbook paper. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem