Baby Boy #3 Gender Reveal

We Love Pictures 

I think one of the things I get the most impatient about when it comes to being pregnant, besides meeting the baby face to face, is gender. It's an agonizing 16 weeks of waiting for me. And I am not a very patient person. Nowadays people can find out the gender of their babies via blood test as soon as they find out they're pregnant, but I can't seem to be part of that crowd, so I have to wait until the 16 week mark, may out of pocket to go to a 3D ultrasound place, and find out there. Paying out of pocket is fine with me, it's just the WAITING....AND WAITING...
I know so many people that are choosing to wait until birth to find out. They're either crazy, or just really amazingly patient. I am crazy but not patient. 

So, when 16 weeks came along, I went to the same place that told me I was having Thomas those 2 years ago. At that time, I still hadn't decided if I was going to let myself know, or wait until our photo shoot ten days after and be surprised on camera. I had convinced myself that I hadn't made up my mind yet, up til that last second, when the tech said, do you want to know? I blurted, without even thinking about it, YES! Matt was still in Germany at the time and I had the two munchkins with me. She went to work finding this baby's nether regions and I swear to you, I said it before she did. It was a sight I knew all too well, it was the turtle, A BOY. My third boy ya'll. I was ecstatic. I had solidified my role as a boy mom, since I'm pretty sure we're not having any more babies. And looking at the 2 boys I already have and how awesome they are (despite the many times they make me want to pull my hair out or cry in a ball on the floor) I was pretty excited. Really, I'm just grateful for another opportunity to carry a child, but having 3 of all the same gender is pretty cool and exciting. I get to be the only girl in our house. The only girl with 4 boys that love and adore me, sounds like a good deal to me! I immediately texted Matt a picture of me with the boys with our blue bracelets. Of course dad's happy he's having another boy. He's got a golf foursome all in his own family (and mama can go run away for a massage, or pedicure, or even just quiet time in the house!). 

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm all about taking professional photos. And we have the best professional photographer here in Virginia. We scheduled a beach pregnancy/gender announcement photo shoot. And, like she's done for me SO MANY times in the past, because Matt wasn't around, my friend Amanda came down from DC to stand in as baby daddy, to help me wrangle the boys during pics, and just to be the all around awesome and supportive person that she is. Seriously, she's ALWAYS there for me when I need her, and during times when I don't realize I need her. 

We initially tried to take our pics on the beach but it was crazy windy and winds and balloons and toddlers are pretty much a horrible combination. Luckily Jami had a better suggestion that still gave us plenty of sand so I could have my beach look, but less wind. Amanda, genius that she is, tied the balloons to some trees, the boys posed next to them and sorta smiled, and I got my 1, 2, 3 photo that I saw on Pinterest and just had to recreate. We took some family pics- by family I mean Amanda too! And then some solo pics on the beach for me while she entertained the boys in the car. (Did I mention she's a lifesaver? Probably not enough).


I love the way my pictures turned out. Jami was made for photographing motherhood. I'm going to drool over these pics forever! Now that we're so far along in this pregnancy, and she JUST had a baby of her own, I don't think we'll be doing maternity pics (sorry Matt, he hates photos anyway) and Mama got her professional pic with her boys so that's ok right? We'll definitely do another round of family pictures with Jami before we leave Virginia though. This time, with THREE boys. Oh My Goodness. Feeling *blessed* 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem