My Little Polar Bear Cub

It's Getting Cold Outside 

It's only November and I feel like we're in the middle of winter already! During the hot summer months all I can think about is this cold weather, now I'm longing for August again. I guess I'm hard to please. How do I teleport myself to somewhere with perfect 65 degree weather all year long? 

This cold weather is definitely an adjustment for me and Jellybean. I worry that I don't have enough layers on him or that I have too many! I'm constantly feeling his hands and feet to make sure they aren't too cold or too warm. It's so hard when your little one can't just tell you if the weather makes them uncomfortable. I'm just going with siding with caution and if he's too warm he'll fuss and let me know. Normally, he just starts sweating and that's always a good giveaway. 

I've learned that layers are the way to go. Long sleeve onsie, fleece lined jeans, a jacket, beanie, gloves, Uggs, and we're good to go! But on those super cold days (like today when the wind chill was down to 11 degrees!) I wasn't sure those layers would do the job. 

Right now, I'm kind of obsessed with this fleece bear outfit from Baby Gap. It's lined on the inside so unlike a typical fleece that lets all the cold air flow right through, this one actually has good insulation. So not only will it keep my Jellybean nice and warm, but he'll feel super soft when I cuddle him, and look so freaking adorable! I dressed him in a lighter weight outfit underneath so that when we get to his  daycare, I didn't have to worry about this kiddo overheating because I could just take him out of the polar bear outfit. My little polar bear knows exactly how to work his way deeper and deeper into my adoring heart. 

Wasn't too happy the first time he tried it on. But he can move around so much easier than in the poofy jacket we got him. 

I LOVE this face! 

Took advantage of an early Christmas picture opportunity.

He won't fit into his Bumbo when wearing this outfit. :( 

I LOVE this face too! Sour foods fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem