First Halloween

Jellybean's First Halloween

This  holiday season is going to be a crazy one. I'm a sucker for FIRSTS…and this was a before I had a kid. Now that Jellybean has blessed my life, my obsession with capturing the first of everything has increased tenfold. It's one of the reasons why I started this blog. To document his firsts in a forum that was easier to keep up with than a baby book. 

I probably put too much effort into how my kiddo dresses. There are so many adorable girl outfits out there, but putting together adorable boy outfits? That requires a little bit more work, quite a bit of digging, and A LOT of Baby Gap. Needless to say, the combination of loving buying Jellybean clothes and documenting firsts, led to one outfit driven week before Halloween. 

I wanted to put him in a different Halloween themed outfit until Friday, when he would wear his costume! A little over the top? Probably, but it's my kid right? And who says the mamas of little girls and cute tutus should get all the fun. It furthers my belief that kiddos are toys for grown ups. 

As far as the costume goes, that was easy! I didn't want to go with the typical baby in a pumpkin or animal suit. I wanted to put my little man in something that actually means…well, something. The creative side of me wanted to make something original, but this other side of me….it said put Jellybean in an astronaut costume! I LOVE NASA. I've been a space nerd for as long as I can remember, so it was pretty easy to ignore the crafty side of me and give into the nerdy side. My little space man was quite the hit at daycare, the squadron trunk or treat, and of course, mom and dad! 


He looks like a little pumpkin burglar. 

Batty for Mommy indeed. 



He looks like a little elf. 


He looks spooked by his shirt. 


He just wouldn't stay still so I could get my pictures! 


My little astronaut loves touching his feet. 



How adorable his this little man! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem