Fall Crafts

Love DIY 

I am such a craft junkie. The amount of STUFF I have in my craft room (most of which I hardly touch nowadays) is appalling. But I truly believe that crafting is such a fun way to express yourself and now that I have Jellybean, it's an even better way to creatively capture my new adventures with my son. Between that and my MANY impromptu  photo sessions…and working/living every day life, I have my hands full. Sometimes I stress out over all the crafty things I want to do and the little time I have to do it. Well, really, I stress out about just about everything I have to do and the little time I feel like there is to do it. Some days it seems like I move at mach 8 the entire day without taking a breather or time to just acknowledge how fortunate I am. Between getting everything together to head out the door by 0630, work, working out after work, picking Jellybean up at 1730, getting home, taking care of the pets, making dinner, feeding Jellybean and myself, cleaning the house, bath time, and then bedtime…squeezing fun DIY projects or even running to the grocery store can be hard to do. There are times when I have to FORCE myself to just take a step back on the extremely busy days. The floor doesn't *have* to be swept every single night and I need to take a moment ( or several actually) to just play with my kiddo and WATCH him. 

Despite all this, on the weekends or sometimes after Jellybean has gone to bed, I take the time to take out a glass of wine and do some arts and crafts. Lately, it seems like most of my craft projects have been fall themed, given my time away from typical fall weather as I know it, it's pretty much expected. Here's a list of what I've been up to…and what Jellybean's been helping me with. 
Moran family tree with our handprints proudly displayed at daycare right now. 
School spirit wreaths for my girlfriends/Jellybean's Aunties downrange. 

I've started to mess around with screen printing so I can make fun onsies for Jellybean. 




Definitely the reason Mom and Dad are thankful! 

I'm all about tradition, making lifelong memories, and capturing EVERYTHING. This table cloth idea is one of those ways. Every year we'll do hand prints and write down what we're thankful for. :) 
This year mom and dad are thankful for family while Jellybean is thankful for Mama's milk! 

A fun pumpkin DIY I found on Pinterest. Turning blocks of wood into pumpkins! Simple yet cute. 
Burlap is all the rage right now so a burlap banner over the mantle was a must. 

Subway art is also all the rage right now. It's so expensive though! This was a little time consuming but definitely a cheaper option. I just took words that reminded me of fall, traced it onto wood, and painted away. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem