DIY Activity Board

Latches, Knobs, Buttons…..


Jellybean loves knobs, buttons, pulling drawers, opening cabinets.... basically anything you can find at a hardware store, this kid wants to play with it. So, during one of my MANY Pinterest surfing afternoons, I came across the idea for an activity latch board. I first started looking for something like it online but the hefty price tag was a big deterrent. Then I saw this mom made one for a quarter of the price! I'm not too handy with a drill, but this looked easy enough. 

I scooped up my Jellybean and off to Lowe's we went to find knobs, and latches, and all those fun things he seems to be obsessed with. I bought the wood board from Michaels along with some "construction" themed paint and back home we went to get our Bob Villa on. The best part? I spent MAYBE $25 on everything I needed for this project.  I also grabbed some random knick knacks from the junk drawer, like a lock and some carabineers.  First I painted everything and of course, true to Amor form, I totally messed up on the painting. By colors bled through, and while I used painters tape, apparently I haven't quite mastered making sure the edges are securely pressed down. I really don't think Jellybean cares that mom's more of a Picasso when it comes to painting so I didn't sweat it. 

When I gave my finished product to Jellybean, he went crazy! He absolutely loves playing with the door spring....which is fun to watch, not so much fun to listen to over and over again. His next favorite things are playing with the caster and confusing the lock with a nipple and trying to suck on it. This kid cracks me up so much! I like that he has different activities to choose from but doesn't move around too much while he's playing. And the smile on his face? PRICELESS! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem