Diaper Bag Essentials


My Diaper Bag


My good friend since college, Amanda, bought me the most amazing diaper bag
when she found out Jellybean would be gracing our lives. She knows I
probably place too much influence on *nice* things and by nice I mean brand
names. So when we got the e-mail for a Kate Spade flash sale (which my
friends and I eagerly await for every few months) she jumped on the
opportunity to get me a spruced up diaper bag at 75% off. Those Kate Spade
flash sales make our day- no- our week! I love that she supports my desire
to be a fun fashionable mama. And I love that the bag is a simple black and
white pattern vs. something that screams look at me I'm a diaper bag! My
favorite part? The inside and the portable changing pad are PURPLE. Since we
both went to the University of Washington, purple automatically became one
of our favorite colors. 

Other things I love about this diaper bag: 

1. It's lined in purple! Oh wait, I think I already mentioned that. 
2. Ok well the purple liner is waterproof so it's easy to clean up. 
3. Multiple compartments inside AND out 
4. It's big but not too big that it won't fit under the stroller
5. Stylish yet conservative: which pairs along nicely with my fashion taste-
conservative and timeless! Hello J.Crew and Chanel! 

At 10.5 months, I have my must have diaper bag list down. 

For Baby 

1. Diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream
2. Ziplock bag for clothes suffering from a blowout. That smell needs to be
contained! 
3. Small blanket 
4. Change of clothes. I usually have an extra onsie in there too
5. Teether/Clutching toy 
6. Puffs/Snack 
7. Bib 
8. Hand Sanitizer 
9. Sunscreen
10. Nail File 
11. Nursing cover
13. Band Aid (first aid kits are just too bulky, and besides, breast milk is
LIQUID GOLD). The term "just put some windex on it" should really be "just
put some breastmilk on it"  
13. Wabanub/Pacifier 
14. Pacifier Wipes

For Mama

1. Chapstick/Lip gloss 
2. Sunglasses
3. Wallet
4. Phone which also functions as my camera 
5. Mints/Gum
6. Small Mirror 
7. Tide Pen 
8. Hand Lotion


TIPS and TRICKS 

1. Pack similar items together to save time.
2. Consider buying two diaper bags. One for quick trips and one of longer
outings. I have my awesome Kate Spade bag and then a Georgetown tote from
J.Crew that just has diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, and an extra onsie. 
3. Try the diaper bag on just to make sure it's comfortable for you. I
definitely didn't do this since mine was a gift, but I'd be crazy to turn
down a Kate Spade diaper bag. 
4. My diaper bag basically serves as my purse nowadays. (Another reason I
opted for the simple look than a baby bag)
5. I skipped on the water bottle and snack for me since if I'm out long
enough, I'm usually going to include a trip to a restaurant anyway...or
Starbucks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Sick Holiday

Losing the baby weight

The Same Ole Problem